Sunday, January 31, 2010

January card club

Hope everyone is staying warm!! :) This was our image for January card club, from SU's Happy Heart Day. I have the set but never really use it so it was nice to use it this year. There are 6 of us total so we make 6 cards using the selected image. I knew that I wanted to use hat pins - this is my new thing! I saw on a blog where someone was making their own so I thought hmmmmm I can do that! It just so happened to be J's big jewelry making sale the weekend this great idea popped into my head so off I went! I really like how it turned out, and it was really easy to do! The layout on the card was an idea I got from a swap. I kept the card I received as a rough draft that I could measure, etc to re-create. Here is the entire card. Here you can see the layers to the card. It is a really cool layout!

I used Basic Grey's Bittersweet paper pad and since the pad was only 6x6 I had to make 2 of each designer paper in order to make my 6 cards. Here you can my group of cards. Hope you like them! I think I am going to head to my room & create something! Hope everyone has a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment